POLICY ON YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR DATA
Weddel Swift Distribution Limited (WSDL) operates from 15 sites within England and Wales as wholesalers of Meat and related products to the retail and catering butchers market.
We are part of the Randall Parker Food Group (the Group). We have over 230 employees and the Group has over 550 employees.
Some or all of the following details will be collected and held on Customers and Suppliers of WSDL. The information is only used to enable us to manage the day to day business between you and WSDL.
- Name of business and individuals that we deal with.
- Invoicing and delivery addresses.
- Contact telephone numbers, email addresses and where appropriate web site addresses.
- Bank details for payments and where necessary credit rating information.
- Accounting records associated with our business activity, invoices and payments
HOW IT IS COLLECTED
We collect information from yourself through our normal trading activities, i.e. the buying, selling and the payment of/for goods and services.
- Application by you for the provision, and the supply to you of goods and services to/from us.
- What you may tell us either orally or in writing or by electronic means either directly or in documents submitted to us or information published by you or about you.
- Reports from third parties such as professional, bankers, brokers and agents with whom you may have had a business relationship, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention organisations.
- Your transactions with us, which may include the names of your staff with whom we liaise, your customers, their representatives, their contact details, your bank account and other financial and personal information such as your address and contact details and other related information that we shall obtain in the course of operating any services for you or your supplier/s or information that we may accumulate in assessing whether to commence or continue to operate such services.
- Recorded telephone messages which may be left by you outside normal office hours
The only external source of data that we use is from Credit Insurance & Credit Reference agencies.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
For the processing of sales and purchase transactions and subsequent payment.
Considering any applications made by you for, and helping us to make, credit related decisions about you and/or your business.
Financial risk assessment, money laundering checks, the exchanging of information with credit reference agencies and fraud prevention organisations to assist us in the making of credit decisions and preventing fraud.
We will only use data for Marketing purposes once we have your express permission. You can of course withdraw this permission at any time by contacting [email protected]
We will retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purpose it was obtained, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
WHO WILL IT BE SHARED WITH
We will not share your data with anybody outside of our group of Companies.
WHAT WILL BE THE EFFECT OF THIS ON THE INDIVIDUALS?
We believe that the data we hold is required to reasonably perform the processes involved with our trading relationship.
Any activity outside that trading relationship, such as flyer, text or email marketing will only be carried out with your express approval.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
At any point while we are in possession of, or processing your personal data, you the data subject, have the following rights: –
Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Right of rectification – you have the right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased.
Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Right to judicial review – In the event that WSDL refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain, see Complaints (below).
Due to the nature of our business in the FMCG Industry, we foresee few, if any objections. In the event of a complaint we will endeavor to respond to them within 30 days.
Complaints should be made to: –
J M Ainley – Operations Director
Tel No – 01327 830888
Email – [email protected]
Weddel Swift Distribution Ltd
The Old Rectory,
Northamptonshire, NN12 8LR